[Updated versions of the Tag Suite have been released. Current version information is available here.]
Version 2.2 was a minor dot release that added small changes (typically new attribute values) that were requested by NLM and other users based on operational concerns. The three Tag Sets for describing journal articles were all changed; the book, historical book, and book collection Tag Sets were not modified in this release.
Changes to the Entire Suite
Version Number and Date—The version number for all changed Suite modules, the Publishing Tag Set (Blue), the Archiving Tag Set (Green), and the Article Authoring (pumpkin) Tag Set was set to “v2.2 20060430”. This change was made in the initial comments for a module, in the formal public identifier in the module, in the Suite Module of Modules or the Tag Sets themselves where the modules were called, and in the XML and SOCAT catalogs.
That change was made in the following Suite modules:
Versioning Note: Only modules that have changed are marked as version 2.2. All modules change version numbers at a numbered release, but, for a dot release, a module that has not changed (for example %phrase.ent;) retains its previous version number.
Suite Element Changes
- Long Description—Corrected the model for <long-desc> by adding an asterisk to the #PCDATA model.
- Preformat Model—Added the Parameter Entity %phrase.class; to the content model for the <preformat> element to allow use of <named-content> inside <preformat>.
- Price—Added new element <price> and made a new class for it %price.class; so that it can be added selectively to elements, initially to the <product> element. (Note: The Authoring Tag Set [Pumpkin] has overridden the base modules and so does not see this change.)
- Section (Note: The Authoring Tag Set [Pumpkin] has overridden the base modules and so does not see these changes.)
- Section Metadata—Added new element <sec-meta> to the start of the content models for section (%sec-model;) and section optional title model (%sec-opt-title-model;). There are sections that are authored independently, even in journal articles, and this allows additional metadata for such sections, allowing contributors to be listed at the section level.
- Section Meta Model—Added New Parameter Entity %sec-meta-model; to hold the content of the new element.
- Signature Block—Added new element <sig-block>. A <sig-block> may be located at the end of the <body> in journal articles.(Note: The Authoring Tag Set [Pumpkin] has overridden the base modules and so does not see this change.) This element will hold any graphic signatures, text describing the contributors, etc. A <sig-block> contains text plus face markup and the new element <sig>, which holds the information for a single contributor. A new default class %sig.class; was created to hold the Signature <sig>.
- Verse Group—Added new optional <title> and <subtitle> elements to the beginning of <verse-group>, through the %verse-group-model; Parameter Entity.
- Paragraph Attribute Parameter Entities — Added new Parameter Entities %caption-model; and %inline-graphic-model; to hold the complete content models for their respective elements so that the models can be more easily over-ridden.
Suite Attribute Changes
- Related Article Type—Added a new suggested value “partial-retraction” to the “related-article-type” attribute of <related-article>.
- Paragraph Attribute Parameter Entity—Added the new Parameter Entity %p-atts; to hold the attribute list for a Paragraph <p> so that it can be more easily over-ridden.
- Person Group Type—Added "director" to list of suggested values for this CDATA attribute.
These Tag Sets are availble in version 2.2:
- Archiving and Interchange (Green)
- Journal Publishing (Blue)
- Article Authoring (Pumpkin)
- NCBI Book (Purple)
National Center for Biotechnology Information
U.S. National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
Copyright, Disclaimer, Privacy, Accessibility
Last updated: September 14, 2012